Saturday, December 18, 2010

Quiet house

It is so quiet here - KK with her mama, Ruth, Liam, and Chris in Blacksburg with family - just me and Bob and dogs and turtles present. The quiet feels good, the ability to clean and put away laundry without getting in anyone's way - and yet I miss the energy level and the love of an active family household. And I miss the specific people. It was a scramble before everyone left - dance, choir, and school deadlines for KK, holiday social events, semster end scramble for Ruth, crazy busy practice for me. By Tuesday I was feeling worn out, like at the end of a long race, but I don't regret the intensity of our household, just keep learning about pacing.

1 comment:

  1. You sound so peaceful right now, Victoria. How nice that you and Bob will have this time together and then the rest of your family will rejoin you soon. You have the best of both worlds.

    ReplyDelete