Thursday, November 11, 2010

Songfest

I love the resilience of the human spirit. Bob has been so banged up by his recent hostile and frustrating work situation. All of us are worried about money, but at this moment I'm lying in my bed with my computer while Chris cooks fragrant chicken with rice and Bob and guitar hafe their guitars out, playing songs from my childhood - especially my Dad's two favorites "The Bear Went Over the Mountain" and "I've Been Working on the Railroad". Liam claps and dances along. I love living in a house full of live music, have most of my life. It makes me really happy that Liam and K.K. are growing up where singing to and with each other is part of everyday life. I feel a well of happiness beneath my anxiety. Life is at least partly what we make of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment