Monday, December 28, 2009

Blessed consequence

of the way we are living is that Liam trusts me as one of his regular every day people. Ruth and Chris went to the movies this afternoon and Liam stayed with Bob and me, and I was nervous that he would freak without his parents once we finished our walk and spent time at home. He didn't freak at alll. He played happily with bob and me after checking for his parents in their room. He hugged me around the legs and bonked his head happily against my knees as I cooked dinner. He played, laughed, protested putting on pajama pants, behaved just like his usual self. It didn't feel like babysitting, taking care of him. It felt like family. I love it.

1 comment:

  1. I definitely understand your feeling...you ARE family, part of his world. How lucky for you both!

    ReplyDelete