Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tenderness

is one of the sweetest benefits of this co-housing. I had a tough work day today, long and intense and came home tired on a cold night. Chris met me at the bus stop in the car and took me on an errand that would have taken an hour of walking in the chill. Then we came home he cooked dinner while I played with Ruth and Liam while Ruth bathed. He and Ruth both made suggestions to help me get a good night's sleep (and she made chocolate mint chip cookies too!) Chris moved the spaceheater into my bedooom which sometimes doesn't warm up well on the coldest nights. being taken care of like that is something I didn't expect to experience again in my life - the direct personal care, except from Bob. It just feels so good. I hjope I give as much as I get.

No comments:

Post a Comment